Appearances before Oireachtas (Parliamentary) committees
- Climate change is urgent. And we need to get on with doing something about it, Irish Times, 9 April 2022
- Ireland must play its part in ending Europe’s dependence on Russian fossil fuels, Irish Times, 25 March 2022 (with Hannah Daly, Paul Deane, and Olexandr Balyk).
- Real work of bending emissions curve only beginning as COP26 ends, Irish Times, 15 November 2021.
- COP26 must not be viewed as the last best chance for climate action, Irish Times, 30 October 2021.
- All you need to know about the COP26 climate change summit, RTE Brainstorm, 28 October 2021
- Revised climate bill is a step forward but now comes the hard part, Irish Times, 25 March 2021.
- What difference will the US rejoining the Paris Agreement make?, Irish Times, 16 November 2020.
- Climate bill a landmark moment but questions remain, Irish Times, 9 October 2020.
- Programme for government offers credible green pathway, Irish Times, 18 June 2020.
- State must step up its capacity to deliver climate action, Irish Times, 13 December 2019.
- Missed opportunity for societal dialogue on climate crisis, Green News, 9 December 2019.
- Lessons for proposed Citizens’ Assembly on biodiversity, Green News, 10 July 2019 (with Martha Coleman, Laura Devaney, and Pat Brereton).
- Ireland’s world-leading citizens’ climate assembly. What worked? What didn’t?, Climate Home News, 27 June 2019 (with Martha Coleman, Laura Devaney, and Pat Brereton).
- Ireland’s climate revolution must start with transport, Irish Times, 24 May 2019 (with Laura Devaney).
- What’s in Ireland’s landmark climate change report?, RTE Brainstorm, 29 March 2019.
- Citizen engagement central to combating climate threat, Irish Times, 30 November 2018.
- We’ve been warned – the cost of action is lower than inertia, Irish Independent, 9 October 2018.
- What will Brexit mean for climate change?, RTE Brainstorm, 14 February 2018.
- Trump’s prioritisation of domestic dirty industries will fail, Irish Times, 2 June 2017.
- COP21 a Step in Right Direction, Still a Long Way to Go, Irish Times, 11 December 2015.
- Climate Change: Robust EU Engagement at Paris Crucial, Irish Times, 4 November 2015.
- China’s Climate Change Plan Represents Decisive Move, Irish Times, 27 July 2015.
- Strengthening Climate Diplomacy, European Voice, 14 November 2013.
- Europe Can Do Better, ChinaDialogue, 16 May 2012; republished in the Chinese edition of the Financial Times, 18 May 2012.